Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Quilled butterfly

“I'm not a sponge exactly, but I find that something I look at is a great opportunity for ideas.” ~ Martha Stewart

What is quilling?



            Oh! I love to quill. This is my new found 'love'. This art is just amazing!! When I first learnt that you could make these unique creations with just paper I was totally amazed. To know more about it read on .......I know you want to know what quilling is??
So here it is.......
           Quilling, is an art that involves rolling or coiling thin strips of paper into beautiful designs and shapes. I think quilling was first done with paper by monks and nuns to decorate religious objects. The art is named because originally the tiny strips of paper were rolled over goose quills.


If you want to know more about quilling click here.

7 comments:

  1. this is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for dropping by...... thank you I love quilling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is incredible... I first thought it was a glass painting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Emreen I love quilling and this is one of my favs:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really good, what an amazing job you did! Saw you on link party, now google and nb following you, Karima x www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butterflies are my favorite. Great project. New follower from Tip junkiie.
    Blessings...
    Saved By Love Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanx for stopping by Karima:) thank for the lovely comments

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...