An exotic side dish!
Prep & Cooking: 1 hour 25 mts
Serves 4 persons
Cuisine: Tamil Nadu
Prawns- 1 Pound (cleaned)
Shallots (Small onions)- 6-10 (finely chopped)
Chili powder-1 tsp (or to taste)
Ginger garlic paste-1/2 tsp
Cumin powder- 1/4 tsp
Curry Powder-1/4 tsp
Coconut - 1/4 cup ( Freshly grated)
Drizzling of olive oil
Salt to taste
Drizzling of Conola oil
Few fresh corriander leaves
- In a glass dish, mix together the olive oil, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmuric and salt. Add the prawns, and stir to coat. Cover, and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat the pan and add a good drizzling of conola oil.
- Add the chopped onion and saute untill golden brown.
- Add the marinated prawns.
- When the prawns are half cooked, add jeera powder and dhanya powder.
- Cook it untill all the water evaporates.
- Once done add the freshly grated coconut, and remove from flame.
- Heat a drizzling of oil in another pan and saute some corriander leaves and add them to the prawns for an amazing flavour!!!