There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
For the love of shrimp!!
Prep & Cooking: 15 mts
Serves 4 persons
Cuisine: Tamil Nadu
Zuchini was not available in India when I was growing up and havent seen many Indian dishes with this tasty vegetable. I love zuchini and shrimp(yumm) so I came up with this dish. The Indian spices blend sooo well and pop in your mouth. Every bite is uber yummy!!
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 zucchini, cubed
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup cubed tomato
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper powder or to taste
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
5 tablespoons olive oil
5 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 inch piece cinamon
- Wash, drain and dry shrimp with paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add cinamon,cloves and cardamom. Add onion and saute untill it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
- Now add the spices one by one stirring constantly, -cayenne pepper, turmeric powder, cumin
- Add the diced tomatoes and the shrimp. Cook covered for about 5 minutes under low heat..
- Remove the lid and add salt and adjust seasoning if necessary. Set the heat to high and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with chopped coriander leaves and add lemon juice before serving.
- Serve with Basmati rice or naan.