Friday, October 29, 2010

Hot hot hot chillies!!

My favorite time of day is to get up and eat leftovers from dinner, especially spicy food.
David Byrne


Growing Anaheim Peppers


We Indians love spicy food.Indian curries are not complete without these chillies! I was soooo excited to grow them in my garden. Growing Chillies requires a warm growing environment and yaaay Im sooo glad I live in southern California!




I sowed the seeds from some of the store bought chillies :) I sowed them indoors about 2 or 3 seeds in each 1 inch cell of a seedling tray.
I transplanted the seeds once they were about 4 cm in height. They should be planted where they receive a good amount of sunlight.
Watering them regularly and not flooding them will help them grow well.


Harvesting


The Chillies will take a few weeks to develop and will take few more weeks to change from green to red. You can harvest them when they are Green or Red.The longer you leave the chillies on the plant, the hotter in flavour they will become. I just love my garden chillies....... the burst of freshness and the hot spicy flavor is amazing!!

** Sorry for the delayed post friends, due to a computer glitch I coudnt post yesterday ... aaaaaaarrrrrrrrghhhh but I know you understand!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...