Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lemons

"It is probable that the lemon is the most valuable of all fruit for preserving health." ~ Maud Grieve: 'A Modern Herbal' (1931)

My Lemon tree

My Lemon tree is fairly new and still small, but I didnt have to do much for my lemon tree. Its fairly easy to grow a lemon tree and it is a very rewarding experience. Lemons can make excellent houseplants too .


Growing

Lemons need to be planted near the south side of the house as they are very sensitive to cold.They need protection from frost and they need full sunlight for adequate growth. Lemon trees prefer well-drained, slightly acidic soil.  Dig a hole shallower than the length of the root ball. Place the tree in the hole and replace soil. Water sufficiently and add some mulch to help retain moisture. Water your tree well once weekly. You can prune your tree to maintain their shape and height.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...