Hot and creamy Pumpkin Soup.
Dont you love this season.... the changing colors of leaves.... cooler weather..... and pumpkins!!!! The weather is cool and beautiful here. I was soooooooo longing for the weather to change, the best combination to this amazing weather is some hot Pumpkin Soup!!!
- 6 cups chicken stock
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 4 cups pumpkin puree( freshly made or canned)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Cut the pumpkin in half. Remove seeds and pulp. Cover the pumpkins with foil.
- Bake it for about an hour or until done.
- Scrape pumpkin meat and puree in the blender.
- Heat the chicken stock with salt, pumpkin, garlic and pepper and curry powder. Boil it and simmer for half an hour.
- Puree the soup
- Boil it again and simmer for half an hour. Stir in the heavy cream. Garnish with fresh parsley.