Wednesday, October 13, 2010

RUTH

"I went away full, but the LORD has brought me back empty. Why call me Naomi? The LORD has afflicted me; the Almighty has brought misfortune upon me." ~Ruth 1:21

Sacrifice is a hallmark of genuine love.

The book of Ruth is aan astounding love story that depicts the kindness, grace and loyalty that can flourish in times of crisis. Set against the backdrop of the depressing era of Israel’s judges, this brief narrative recounts the struggles of three widows and the choices they make to survive in hard economic times, a widowed daughter-in-law’s love and devotion toward her widowed mother-in-law shapes the destiny of future generations.
Naomi sumbolizes a woman who recognizes God’s control in her life despite devastating hardship (Ru 1). Daughter-in-law Orpah makes choices that causes her to quickly fade into Biblical uncertainty (Ru 1). Daughter-in-law Ruth, on the other hand, recognizes that she holds a permanent place in Naomi’s guidance (Ru 1). Though Ruth and Naomi face unforeseeable dangers from those who could take advantage of them, their commitment to each other and to God’s care brings them great peace and unexpected blessings (Ru 2-3). Ultimately both widows find joy- Ruth in remarriage and motherhood and Naomi in her role as grandmother (Ru 4).
The book of Ruth is a poignant reminder to us of God’s unceasing faithfulness. Whether we come from religious families or from disreputable backgrounds, when we seek God and surrender to his plan we can find the same peace and purpose discovered by Ruth and Naomi so many years ago.
Under pressure, Ruth went forward risking her life with God. But Orpah went back risking her life without Him. When I realized this truth, I decided to move forward with Him. I faced a lot of challenges but only then was I absolutely safe forever.

The life of Ruth sure has taught me much!! Im sure you will be blessed reading this book. If you want to read it, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...