Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sweet and tangy!!!!

Try not thinking of peeling an orange. Try not imagining the juice running down your fingers, the soft inner part of the peel. The smell. Try and you can't. The brain doesn't process negatives.~Doug Coupland  

The Kumquat tree......

Wow that sure is an amazing quote!!!! I love quotes do u?? Well lets get to our kumquat tree:) 
The kumquat tree is slow-growing, shrubby, tree. It is 8-10 feet tall. Sweetly fragrant, white flowers bloom in large numbers. The fruit is oval-oblong, the skin is actually the sweetest part of the kumquat-Weird but sooo yummmm!!!! Kumquats are a uniquely delicious fruit !. I happen to like the contrasting sweet and sour flavors.
 Kumquats are often candied, something I haven’t tried to do yet, but will soon since I have so  many of them.
  I learnt something new about this fruit, this fruit ripens in in mid winter to early spring. Isnt that interesting???

Growing

 Kumquats grow well in most soils. They, like all citrus, appreciate a few doses of nitrogen. I have used Miracle grow and I love it!! You dont have to  prune your tree. But you would have to cover them when the temperature drops to 24 degrees or below... Will soon post some candied Kumquats soon. Till then have fun... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...