Have you tasted these small savory crunchy nibbles???? This is a salty, crunchy yummy snack usually made during different festivals in India. First we make a dough and deep fry it ........... its super yummmm!!!! Its a little time consuming to make, but its worth the effort. This is a good dish to involve your family, it will be a good family time with kids. This dish always brings back memories, whenever mom made this savory I would sit with mom and roll it into rounds for her..... we would sit through the wee hours of the night and make it. We would have such a good mom and daughter time :) chatting, laughing and enjoying the moment. This recipe sure is a keeper :)
Rice flour 1 cup
Urad Dal Flour 2 tbsp
White sesame seeds 1/2 tbsp
Butter, at room temperature 2 tbsp
salt to taste
Asafoetida powder 1/2 tsp
Oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add water little by little and make a tight dough.
- Take very little piece of the dough and roll it into small round balls.
- Heat oil and when the oil is hot, drop a bunch of these small balls into the oil.
- Fry them until golden brown. There will be tons of bubbles as soon as you put them in the hot oil. And when done the bubbles will disappear and they will be ready to remove from the oil.
- Once done remove and place it on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
Im sure you will love this authentic recipe. Try it out and let me know!!