Mint - You can't live with it and you can't live without it.
Peppermint has many uses ,
- The menthol in peppermint soothes the inner lining of the digestive tract and helps in the production of bile which helps in digestion.
- Mint is an excellent breath freshener. It is also known as a good remedy for gingivitis.
- Peppermint has a calming and sedative effect.
- It is also used as cold remedy
- Mint is a stimulant and it is known for lifting the mood, bringing cheer.
- Mint contains Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
- Essential peppermint oil is analgesic (pain-reducer), anti-inflammatory, and a counterirritant.
- It is used for flavouring foods and drinks.
- Mint can be used as a repellant. Mint may repel ants and flies.
Groing mint is very easy. It is an invasive plant. Just try to chose a spot where you won’t mind the rampant growth or grow it in a confined space. As a result growing mint is perfect for the beginning gardener. Mint grows from underground runners and thrives on abundant water and plenty of compost.
Mint leaves can be harvested regularly and enjoyed throughout the summer.