Smell brings to mind... a family dinner of pot roast and sweet potatoes during a myrtle-mad August in a Midwestern town. Smells detonate softly in our memory like poignant land mines hidden under the weedy mass of years. </>
~ Diane Ackerman
Yep it is Delicious.....
blade cut chuck roast 2 pounds
salt to taste
cumin 2 Teaspoons
Pepper 1/2 Teaspoon
Dry Red chilli whole 3 nos
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbs Ginger garlic paste
1 cup cut tomatoes
1/3 cup vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a pan add onion, garlic and saute. Then add the tomatoes and saute.
- Then add the dry ingredients, and saute for few minutes. Let it cook until the oil separates.
- Then add the vinegar and let it boil. Bring to a boil and reduce the liquid by half.
- Create a pouch with heavy duty aluminum foil. Place the mixture on the foil and add the roast. Close the pouch, and wrap tightly in another complete layer of foil. Cook for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until a fork pushes easily into the meat.
- Remove from oven and let it rest in the pouch for at least 1/2 hour. Snip of one corder of the foil dreain the liquid and puree it in the blender.
- Remove the meat and shred it and pour the sauce over it.