Friday, November 5, 2010

Russian Tea Cake

Life is a festival only to the wise.
A unique Diwali Sweet!

Russian tea cakes bring back a lot of memories to me. I first made it when I was much younger before I was married. It was the time I was trying to learn to cook :) It came out sooooo well that many people still remember it and talk about it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!



Prep & Cooking: 35 mts
Servings 30

Ingredients:

  butter-1 cup
  vanilla extract -1 teaspoon
  confectioners' sugar -6 tablespoons
  all-purpose flour- 2 cups
  chopped walnuts -1 cup
  confectioners' sugar for decoration -1/3 cup
Procedure:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  • In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended. Mix in the chopped walnuts. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  • Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. When cool, roll in remaining confectioners' sugar. I also like to roll mine in the sugar a second time. 
 

4 comments:

  1. thanks sheeba for sharing ur masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thats a beautiful looking cake..Wishing u a happy and prosperous diwali.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx nimi for dropping by..... i love these cookies:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...