Thursday, December 16, 2010

Growing Chilli peppers

It's like spicy food - sometimes you have to tone it down so more people can enjoy it. ~Kenneth Edmonds





I bought my pepper plant from the nursery, and it was fairly easy to grow them. Its already December and I still get a couple peppers each week.(I live in southern Cali :))
Chilli peppers need full sun and well drained soiil to thrive.


A good amount of compost or manure will help the peppers to develop well. 
Plant them two to three weeks after the last frost about 15 inches apart.
Peppers need about an inch of water a week. Water them regularly.
You can start picking hot peppers when they're still green but for full heat and flavor, harvest them when they turn red.

 

2 comments:

  1. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...