Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Job

 "In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil." Job 1:1

"Why bad things happen to good people?" 

 The Book of Job discusses the most  asked question "Why bad things happen to good people?" We also see that God cares about people who are suffering and are in need. Job was a good man, but Job lost all his possessions, his children died and he became so ill that he wanted to die. But Job refused to insult God. He trusted Him even during his most difficult time. Jobs 
friends blamed him for his problems. But  we can learn something from these friends-Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar. The first few days were the best coz they just sat with Job in that agonizing place and saw his misery and felt his pain. I believe it helped Job during that time. Many people are helped just by the loving presence of their dear ones. If only they had done just that they would have gone down in history as heroes!!  People around us need compassion and patience and thats what we need to learn to do!! When we see our dear ones facing a difficult time we need to be really slow to speak and quick to listen. You should be quick to cry, quick to meet their needs and wait upon the Lord...... the judging and 'I wouldnt do this if I were you' and 'may be God is punishing. is so not needed!!! We need to learn that each person reacts differently and accept them as they are. I personally have a couple of people in my life with whom I can be myself, share my thoughts and speak my mind and they would never judge me......... I am learning each day to be like them and am totally blessed to have them in my life.  We finally see God reveal his plan and purpose in Jobs life.A wise man named Elihu explained the truth to Job and his friends. And God proved to them that God is great. God also showed them that he cares. Finally, God wanted Job to pray for his friends. We  are called to pray for those who offend us. In the end, God made Job successful again and his name alone is glorified. The story of Job only strengthens our faith and enables us to trus God more and more each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...