Petunias rank among the most popular flowering annuals. They are beautiful and bright, and bloom from spring until frost, and scent the air with lovely fragrance. The best part is that they are very easy to grow in the garden and in containers. Last year they blossomed on t he ground this year am planning to grow them in my new pot :)
- Petunias grow very well when there is plenty of light.
- They grow well in well drained soil. They dont need very rich soil to grow.
- Petunias tolerate lots of heat, and are relatively undemanding when it comes to water. Watering them once a week may be good. But if they are in containers they need to be watered everyday.
- Wait until soil warms to about 60 degrees and frost danger has passed before transplanting petunias into the garden.
- Remove faded flowers ... this is called "deadheading," it encourages blooming by preventing seed maturation.