Monday, April 4, 2011

Basundi

One spirit, one team, one win. " INDIA"

Way to go Boys in Blue!
Prep & Cooking:30 mts 8 persons
Serves: 8
Cuisine: Maharashtrian





Basundi is an Indian dessert made with milk. Its a sweetened condensed milk made by boiling milk on low heat until the milk is reduced by half. If you have been following my blog for a while you would know by now that my cooking is quick and yum..... My desire is to spend most time with my family and everything else comes after that. I am always on the look out for quick yet yummmmm recipes. This is def one of the quickest ways to make a super yumm desert for the family. If you count calories you could use low fat everything :) and still enjoy this sweet dense dessert! Congrats Boys in Blue, We are proud of you!!!

Ingredients Whole milk 1 cup
Sweetened condensed milk 12 oz can -1
Evaporated milk -2(14 oz can)
Assorted nuts
Cardamom Powder ¼ tsp
Khoya 1/4 Cup

Procedure

  • Heat a pan and add milk and nuts and bring to a boil
  • Add evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and stir it well.
  • Cook for 10 mins and add grated khoya and cook for another 10 mins.
  • Add cardomom powder and serve chilled.
 

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by! I love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...