Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Zephaniah

The day of Judgement!

The most well-known Biblical figure bearing the name Zephaniah is the son of Cushi, and great-grandson of Hezekiah,The name Zephaniah means "Yahweh hides" or "Yahweh has hidden." It may mean that he was hidden from the attrocities of the ruler at that time.The major message of this book is The Day of the Lord --- a day of judgment. It is viewed as a day of terror, as one which will fall upon all creation as a judgment for sin. It is a grim picture of destruction, but out of it will come a remnant. "It is a day of deliverance for those of us who have accepted Jesus and have followed the word. 

What do I need to do to be saved from this destruction?
  • I need to wait on God (3:8). He will right the wrongs and restore the righteous. I just want to be sure I'm counted among the righteous. Therefore....
  • I need to “Seek the Lord” (2:3) This means that my number one goal in life is to know God - to have an intimate relationship with him.
  • I need to be humble (2:3b). This involves self denial. Vertical and horizontal - which leads to the next requirement.
  • I need to obey God’s ordinances (2:3) = love my neighbor.
 

source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...