Flan is a traditional creamy, rich Mexican dessert.There are many Flan recipes but this is one of the simplest recipes and truly the best :). Ive tried this many times and its always perfect!!! If you've never made flan before, try this recipe and you wont regret it!!
6 large eggs
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 13 oz cans evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small, heavy saucepan , cook sugar, stirring, until golden over medium-low heat.
- Pour into a 10 inch round baking dish, swirl to coat bottom and sides of the pan and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and mix in the sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk.Then slowly mix in the 1/2 cup of sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour into caramel coated pan. Place the pan in a large glass baking dish and fill with about 1-2 inches of hot water. Bake for 45 minutes in the water bath.
- Remove and let cool. Cool in refrigerator for 1 hour. Invert onto a serving dish.